Ranked recently by Legal Times Korea as one of the top 10 foreign law firms in Korea in a survey of in house counsel and by Legal 500 Asia Pacific for South Korea IP, Sheppard Mullin was one of the first U.S. firms to open an office in Seoul. Today, our Seoul, Shanghai and U.S. lawyers work as an integrated team representing Korean and other Asia businesses, adapting to their needs and understanding how to provide the services of U.S. lawyers most effectively.
Since establishing a “foreign legal consultant office” in Seoul following the opening of the Korean legal market in 2012, our Seoul lawyers have worked seamlessly with our broader Korea Practice Team. Although our Seoul lawyers are not allowed to practice Korean law, we coordinate with local counsel for non-Korean clients’ needs for Korean legal advice.
Our lawyers in the following practices have represented Korean clients:
- Antitrust and Competition Law
- Banking and Finance
- Cross Border M&A
- Dispute Resolution and Litigation
- Entertainment, Advertising and Technology
- Government Contracts
- Internal Investigations and FCPA
- International Capital Markets
- Insolvency and Financial Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
- Labor and Employment
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Project Infrastructure and Advice
- Tax, Estate Planning and Immigration
Click here to read more about our practices and experience in Korea.